Is this how you would like to see your car be treated? I attempted to sort things out with the owner of the shop. Here is the audio clip.


I bit my tongue throughout and acted calm as I tried to reach a settlement with the owner for his actions. The video is our audio conversation the next day April 24th, 2013.

Some things in the video that I thought I would highlight in the conversation:

5:42 - I say "so you are admitting your shop did something" and owner responds and says. "Yeah. You got the video. You got the video. That's what you are telling me, right?" Normally, if one does not admit fault, their first response would be "No", and give their reason why. He even says I have the video evidence of it.

8:14 - Owner tries to Explain how the ramp which is the standard diamond plate metal ramp will not cause scratching because it will slide over. I'm sorry but a diamond plate metal ramp used for traction will damage plastic when driven against in close contact.

11:28 -Owner talking about Business Ethics so why did he not mention to me that there was an issue getting the car up the ramp, and there might have been some damage. He then continues saying that driving up something that is contacting the surface won't cause damage because metal diamond plate is not abrasive?? 

14:03 - I mention posting my experience on-line about this, and he has no issues. I would love to show to everyone of his customer's before they walk into their shop my video, and then see if he cares.

15:09 - I explain to the owner that there should be no touching of the ramp with the bottom of the car of any vehicle, and owner had no answer

15:38 - Owner accepts the fact that he was negligent in assessing that he shouldn't have even attempted putting my car on the lift.

19:39 - I explain that I can show the Video of the noise my car makes as he tries to drive it up the ramp. He does mention that if it is plastic, it will scratch.  Ok thank you, then he should pay to fix the scratches he caused.  

No comments:

Post a Comment